Sunday, August 9, 2009

brought to you by: China!

So, I went to China recently, and I ate a lot of seriously awesome food. It led to me making a decision to expand the food blog beyond food I cook and into food that I eat. This is the first lunch we had upon joining our tour group in China:


I was so excited.

Basically, most of our meals involved sitting at a round table for 8 with a giant lazy susan in the middle. Waitresses would constantly bring out more dishes with enough for everyone to grab some food. This particular lunch had 15 dishes, and I would say that was pretty standard while we were there. It was a really good vacation for food. I really love the cabbage (under the chopsticks) and also the fried corn in the center. The pork on the right side was braised and served in a large pot. I don't remember what was in the empty space, but obviously it was delicious, since I finished it prior to remembering to take a photo. :)

This is a picture of a dinner where you can see the lazy susan in use:

I'm awfully tired this evening, I really just wanted to throw my upcoming blog changes out there. I have more China food to discuss as well as some things I actually cooked! So long for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment