Saturday, March 20, 2010

Iron Chef Blogger Challenge: Shallots!


The secret ingredient this week? Shallots. I like shallots a lot, although I wasn't too enthused about the ones at Ralph's today, and I wish I'd had time to go to the Farmer's Market.

I've been trying to get some cleaning done, and therefore trying to steer away from complicated dinner. I decided to make tilapia and a pan fried shallot and asparagus dish.


The asparagus was really easy. Slice a large shallot into thin slices. Slice your asparagus up into smaller pieces as well. Cook the shallot in a tablespoon of butter for a minute over medium high, add the asparagus and cook 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve. It was tasty, but I always love asparagus. It's in season right now in this great state I live in. Probably other places as well.


For the fish, I cooked it on a bed of leek tops that I saved from last weekend, with some soy sauce, worchestshire sauce, pepper, and garlic powder. The picture above is before I put it in the oven. I thought it came out a bit under-seasoned, but it was still pretty good. Travis loved it, and pronounced that he could eat fish for dinner every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment