Friday, April 24, 2009

not a big day

This really isn't the biggest item ever, but I did get to check one more thing off in the cookbook today! Took the day off work but ended up spending most of the day running errands.

I made Lemon Butter for fish, which is exactly what it sounds like: lemon juice and butter with some garlic, salt/pepper, and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Poured it over some tilapia that I had broiled.

I'm really too scatterbrained to cook. As the fish had about a minute left to broil, I realized I had not made anything to eat with the fish, other than lemon butter. So, I just threw some sourdough bread in the toaster and had fish and toast for dinner. Not too shabby.

Maybe later I'll continue on a lemon theme and finish up last weekend's cheesecake.

This probably won't be a big cooking weekend, it's awfully packed with activities. Tomorrow is the Festival of Books a UCLA, and Sunday we're going to Hollywood to see Earth at the El Capitan. We'll probably have lunch at the Disney Soda Fountain too, yum! That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment