Sunday, April 26, 2009

okay food, wonderful weekend

So, I made two more recipes this weekend. Neither was fantastic, but this was not Paula's fault either. I made "Easy Rolls", which did seem as promised to be quite easy - only I over beat and under baked them.

Also made "Oriental Marinade", which consists of soy sauce, ginger, garlic, water, and a little sugar. It smelled amazing, the only real problem was that I may have burned the chicken a little. So, the flavor was a little masked by burned chicken bits. It was, at least, very juicy.

I realize that all of my posts so far have really involved food errors.. generally my food does turn out well, I promise!

I also used the rest of last weekend's barbecue sauce to make some beef short ribs in the crock pot, they were delicious!!

I probably wasn't totally focused on cooking this weekend because of all the activities, which I think I mentioned on Friday. The Festival of Books was this weekend, Travis and I went yesterday. I went to a cooking demonstration by the authors of L.A's Original Farmers Market Cookbook and The Santa Monica Farmers' Market Cookbook. It was really interesting, and I bought a copy of the Original Farmers Market Cookbook. I've been looking through it all weekend, and it is amazing.

I also stopped by Dan Goodsell's Mr. Toast booth. This is clearly also sort of food-related, but please please do not eat Mr. Toast. I first saw Dan Goodsell's work at Wizard World Los Angeles shortly after we moved to L.A. in 2005 or so. I had only $5 cash, and he was nice enough to let me buy $6 worth of merchandise with it. This year, there were significantly more people at his booth than I remember from previous years, and I've also seen Mr. Toast plush pop up at Urban Outfitters. Check it out, seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment