Sunday, May 2, 2010

Salmon with Mixed Greens


We eat quite a bit of fish, and I'm always trying to cook it different ways. Today we had salmon. I mixed some melted butter with garlic powder and a little Old Bay seasoning. Then I sprinkled it with some smoked salt and baked it. It's served on top of some mixed greens.

I also made some corn and a yellow rice mix. The creamed corn is just 2 corn cobs with the corn sliced off, a tablespoon of butter, and some freshly ground pepper. I put the butter on top and put the corn in the microwave for two minutes. Then I stirred it and put it in for another minute. It's really quite good, probably my favorite way to eat fresh corn.

The salmon was okay, but it definitely needed more seasoning. I also think I like salmon better broiled than baked, generally. But, it was a nice fast dinner, which was good after my garlic extravaganza of yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment